Your Passion Is Our Purpose
Students choose Florida Tech for many different reasons. There's our tropical "Space Coast" campus, located minutes from the beach and central to a variety of top high-tech companies. There's our strong academic programs, fueled by research and enhanced by technology. There's our stellar faculty, our international diversity, our connections to space and the environment, and our many accolades.
But most of all, the students who choose Florida Tech do so because of our hands-on, immersive approach to higher education. You want to dive into exciting projects during your first year? Can't wait to use the laboratories, facilities and instruments other schools typically reserve for faculty and graduate students? Interested in venturing out into the field to conduct real, inspiring research that actually makes a difference? Florida Tech is the place.
Bring your passion for science, engineering, technology or any of our other strong academic programs to Florida Tech, and we'll help you learn it, live it, and link it to a future you'll love.
Glimpse Your Future Instantly with a "Meet Florida Tech" Booklet!
About Undergraduate Admission
The Office of Undergraduate Admission focuses on helping college-bound high school students and transfers who are interested in Florida Tech get the information and experiences they need to make a decision that's right for them. We do that in a number of ways:
- Communicate with prospective students regularly
- Help families navigate the first-year process
- Hold informative on-campus admission events
- Review applications for admission
- Serve the unique needs of and students
- Provide one-on-one admissions counseling around the U.S. (and beyond!)
- Treat you and your family as Very Important Panthers!
Please let us know what we can do for you.
The Office of Undergraduate Admission is a part of the "Center for Student Success," located in Harris Commons.
Online & Off-Campus Admissions
Prospective students looking for more information about the university's off-campus and online undergraduate programs should explore Extended Studies and Florida Tech Online.
Undergraduate Admissions Essay Prompts
Florida Tech encourages students to use the essay prompts set forth by the Common ApplicationTM, which are as follows:
2018-2019 Essay Prompts
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Describe a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma - anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale. Explain its significance to you and what steps you took or could be taken to identify a solution.
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you've already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.